***NEW SHIPPING RATES*** Bumblebee Baby offers free shipping on orders over $150 in Canada _ for orders over $150 to the USA. Otherwise, orders under $150 in Alberta ship for a flat rate of $7.00, to Western Canada for $8.00 and to Eastern Canada for a flat rate of $10.00 and a flat rate of $12.00 for orders to the USA. We also offer free local pick-up in Sherwood Park, Alberta. These options will be offered at checkout.
*Please note that I do not charge a packaging or handling fee, and the current shipping prices do not even cover the actual cost of shipping. I lose money on almost every package that I send out. Thanks for your understanding.
Another Free Pick-Up option is now available in Sherwood Park. You may now choose free pick-up at KeyLime Clothing during regular store hours. (#12 975 Broadmoor Blvd. Sherwood Park, AB).
All orders ship within 3 business days via Canada Post Expedited Parcel, We will email you your tracking number when your parcel is shipped. Your order should arrive within 7 business days of being placed.
All unused and unopened orders can be returned for a complete refund within 14 days of purchase.For cloth diapers the product must still be in the original packaging in new unwashed, unsoiled condition and returned along with any labels or packaging they came with.
Cost of return shipping is the responsibility of the customer for refunds and exchanges. PLEASE NOTE: shipping is offered at a subsidized rate on Bumblebee Baby and if you wish to return purchases the shipping will be less the actual shipping charge that we incurred to ship your order. To arrange for a refund or exchange please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding shipping, please contact us.
This is something that you may personally have to decide. How often do you want to wash diapers? How old is your child?
We suggest that you purchase between 18-24 diapers initially if you have a newborn. This amount allows you to wash every second or third day. Having fewer diapers means more washing, resulting in more wear on your diapers. The one size diapers will generally last you all the way from birth to potty training unless you have a very small baby and need to purchase a small or newborn size or if you have a large toddler, and may have to purchase a large size or training pant. An older child may only require 12 diapers.
Most of the diapers we carry come with inserts. FuzziBunz one size come with two inserts and so do the Rumparooz. It will state in the description if you have to purchase extra inserts with your diapers. If you have a heavy wetter you may want to double up on inserts and therefore have at least two for every diaper.
Instead of using disposable wipes, you can purchase soft, washable wipes from us! Either wet the wipe with warm water or carry around a small container of soap solution to spray on before you clean up. The wipe can then go into the diaper bag or wet bag with your dirty diaper.
You can use either. It may be easier to have a diaper bag to contain all of your dirty diapers, as it can be thrown in the washing machine and washed with the diapers thus eliminate you having to throw them all in by hand. However, diaper pails work and can be lined with something as simple as a garbage bag so that you do not have to wash out the pail. If you dont have a diaper pail, a simple garbage container with a flip up lid works just fine.
Make sure you have a wet bag or two with you. Wet bags are waterproof and contain the little messes until you can get them home.
Absolutely! It's never too late to make the switch. I had just bought a dozen diapers for our upcoming baby and decided that I couldn't bear to use disposables on my 2 year old daughter during the night. So, I put her in a Fuzzi Bunz with two inserts. She actually prefers them and talks about me putting her "soft" diaper on when she goes to bed! And they haven't leaked yet!
- When you receive your diapers, try them on your baby to ensure that they fit. Prewash diapers in a hot wash/cold rinse cycle with 1/4 of the recommended amount of detergent. Tumble dry low.
- After diapers have been soiled, be sure to shake of the waste into the toilet. If you have a diaper sprayer, clean the waste directly into the toilet. If y ou are breastfeeding, the solids do not need to be sprayed off.
- Separate your inserts from the diapers and store in your diaper bag or pail until wash day. Feel free to sprinkle some Rockin' Green pail freshener in case the diapers get a little unbearable.
- Put all your diapers, inserts, wet bags and diaper pail bags into the wash. Do a cold rinse and spin cycle or a cold wash cycle with no detergent.
- Add your detergent (again, 1/4 of the recommended amount) and wash in a hot wash/cold rinse cycle. I also do an extra cold rinse.
- Tumble Dry your diapers on low heat.
- DO NOT use diaper rash creams - if you need to use a cream, be sure to use a liner to prevent contact with the diapers fleecy area.
- DO NOT use bleach
- DO NOT use fabric softeners – this creates a waxy build up on the diapers and inserts, which leads to poor diaper performance
- Be sure to use the proper detergent – no whiteners, brighteners, or enzymes.